Perfect employees don’t just fall out of the sky. Often, they’re happily employed, making their current employer equally happy. Sometimes the perfect employee for your organization has a work history, or lack thereof, that makes them look a bit undesirable. Recruiting top talent is tough under any circumstances, but these strategies can make the experience less grueling:
- Identify the right channels to communicate to ideal candidates, whether it be via job boards, social media or a combination thereof.
- Save time and reduce cost-per-hire by using an automated solution to post job ads, capture candidates’ data and even build social talent communities.
- Actively recruit from among passive candidates, many of whom aren’t currently looking for a job change, but are open to one if the price, benefits and location are right.
- Revisit your application process regularly. If it’s too tedious or inconvenient, applicants may abandon their application altogether.
- Use progressive video screening tools for initial assessments and first interviews. On top of being a time and cost saver, it’s been reported recently that video technology is a powerful recruitment tool.